• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Big thank you.

Ballistol

First Name
Garry
A big thank you from me to Bill Mooney, whom I met up with today for the 1st time.
He very kindly took the time out to spend some time covering the basics of wood turning and pen making with me. His advice and experience has clearly been gained over many years and was shared freely.
An absolute gentleman, and a perfect ambassador for this forum, its members, and for woodturners everywhere.
Thanks again Bill, your a star :thumbs:

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
A big thank you from me to Bill Mooney, whom I met up with today for the 1st time.
He very kindly took the time out to spend some time covering the basics of wood turning and pen making with me. His advice and experience has clearly been gained over many years and was shared freely.
An absolute gentleman, and a perfect ambassador for this forum, its members, and for woodturners everywhere.
Thanks again Bill, your a star :thumbs:
Thank you Gary for your kind comments, they are very much appreciated.
It was a pleasure to meet you and I enjoyed our natter. Experience is there to be shared and should be shared if we want to keep our craft alive. You clearly have experience in engineering so you took my advice on board easily.
Again, it was my pleasure and as I said you are welcome anytime if you want lessons or help.
I hope you get fixed up with your lathe soon so you can get up and running.
I would also like to thank you guys for your kind comments in replying to Garry’s post.🙏

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Bill is a top bloke (despite what I say to his face :lmao:). Extremely skilled and generous, especially with his time.

Missed you at Harrogate this year Bill, will have to make the effort pop over and see you though I think I'll wait until there's no chance of snow on them there hills.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Bill is a top bloke (despite what I say to his face :lmao:). Extremely skilled and generous, especially with his time.

Missed you at Harrogate this year Bill, will have to make the effort pop over and see you though I think I'll wait until there's no chance of snow on them there hills.
Thanks for the compliment Bob @Lons. Love to see you again.