• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Blue Teressa Fountain Pen

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Hi pen people

Just to complete the set here is a blue version of the mosaic materials I’ve been using recently. I’ve got a few other colours I haven’t used yet but may leave those for a while. Change is as good as a rest and all that.

The resin is not a strong candidate for threading, though I’m sure it can be done I just don’t trust the lamination to be strong enough if the new owner over-tightens the cap. So these pens are partially lined for threading purposes.

It’s my favourite of the few mosaics I’ve made and I may keep it. I don’t keep many if my pens, and whilst I’ve never made a pen I don’t like, now and again I make one that really appeals to me. So I’ll give it a couple of days and if it’s doesn’t move it’ll go in the collection.

The photos here show it with both steel and black coated Jowo nibs. Threads are 13x0.75 triple lead. Clip is chrome plated steel from our friends at Beaufort ink.

Cheers
Ash
IMG_9079.jpegIMG_9070.jpegIMG_9072.jpegIMG_9056.jpegIMG_9050.jpegIMG_9037.jpegIMG_9043.jpeg

d_bondi

Apprentice Member
First Name
David
I like the Magenta one as well (saw it on instagram), but I don't think it would be something I would carry/use. This one, however is and it is stuning. I actually prefer the contrast of the steel nib over the black coated nib.

BIX010

Apprentice Member
First Name
Graham
Hi pen people

Just to complete the set here is a blue version of the mosaic materials I’ve been using recently. I’ve got a few other colours I haven’t used yet but may leave those for a while. Change is as good as a rest and all that.

The resin is not a strong candidate for threading, though I’m sure it can be done I just don’t trust the lamination to be strong enough if the new owner over-tightens the cap. So these pens are partially lined for threading purposes.

It’s my favourite of the few mosaics I’ve made and I may keep it. I don’t keep many if my pens, and whilst I’ve never made a pen I don’t like, now and again I make one that really appeals to me. So I’ll give it a couple of days and if it’s doesn’t move it’ll go in the collection.

The photos here show it with both steel and black coated Jowo nibs. Threads are 13x0.75 triple lead. Clip is chrome plated steel from our friends at Beaufort ink.

Cheers
Ash
View attachment 51655View attachment 51656View attachment 51657View attachment 51658View attachment 51659View attachment 51660View attachment 51661
Ash, you have made some crackin looking pens, reminds me of some expensive commercially availble ones, did you you find a source of triple start taps and dies at a realistic price, would like to get going doing what your doing but cant quite justify the prices of triple start taps / dies.

ValleyBoy

Graduate Member
First Name
Ash
Ash, you have made some crackin looking pens, reminds me of some expensive commercially availble ones, did you you find a source of triple start taps and dies at a realistic price, would like to get going doing what your doing but cant quite justify the prices of triple start taps / dies.
Thank you!

As for tooling I bought all mine from Beaufort Ink. Yes they are an expensive item and I’ve seen people organise group buys when I was a member over on IAP (I am no longer on there). So they can be an more affordable option but I don’t know if it’s as good quality nor where you stand if there’s an issue etc.

Cheers
Ash