• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bog Oak

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Mate you always take the normal and elevate it....
Stunning segmenting aside, I love the chamfered ends to the blank, real clever idea and it looks great on that kit..... an idea that needs to be stolen :face:
Back to the segmenting, that's soooooo intriqute and a great colour match to the bog oak:love_it::love_it:

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
Mate you always take the normal and elevate it....
Stunning segmenting aside, I love the chamfered ends to the blank, real clever idea and it looks great on that kit..... an idea that needs to be stolen :face:
Back to the segmenting, that's soooooo intriqute and a great colour match to the bog oak:love_it::love_it:

Mark [MENTION=626]flexi[/MENTION], many thanks for your encouraging comments.
The segmenting is just a length of purfling which I inserted into the blank using a slot cutter on the router table.
As this material is only 2.5mm thick I had to chamfer the ends so as to not risk cutting right through the purfling.
The pieces at the ends of the segmented blank are cut from an acrylic honeycomb blank which someone gave me.
Not too difficult.
Alan

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).