• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

British made Pen Kits help required

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
Hi Dave
What the others said!

Yew is one of the nicest woods to turn as it cuts and finishes beautifully so it's down to your tools and techniques IMO so don't give up just yet. I see you are in Teeside and suggest it might be worth investing in one of Neil Lawsons workshops in York, I guarantee he'll sort it out for you and a really nice fella (if you ignore the long hair that is :ciggrin:). He's a longstanding member on here but I can pass on his details if you can't find them.

Or if you're ever in Northumberland north of Morpeth give me a shout and I can give you some tips, I have plenty of yew.
Hi Dave I live near Stanley in Durham. You’re welcome to come up for a session if you like. I know it’s quite a travel for you.
There’s also Dennis Wake in Hartlepool. You can find him on Fb, turning art uk. You can always pm me.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I remember visiting people in Hartleppool in the 80,s, just missed friends from Australia who returned home early,magnificent views out to sea.

Peter.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
York is one of my favourite places to visit. I go there a couple of times a year next time I am there I will look you up. :thumbs:

I always enjoy Cape York, never forget the time when some stupid twat was sitting in the water at the tip and a 4 metre gecko came to investigate, he just about shiited himself, the stupid twat not the gecko.:funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).