• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Building A Vacuum Chamber

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Im sorry if Ive started an implosion debate but all i was saying was some urns have thin wall thickness and could give under vacuum ruining the setup cheers Frankie.

Right enough Frankie. I tried using an ordinary stainless steel pan first and it didn't exactly implode but it ended up with a bloody big dent in one side.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Hi All

I went to a plastics engineering company and asked for an off cut of 20mm acrylic, they wanted £40 for the off cut, I suspect that it wasn't an off cut and they were charging me full price, I only wanted 13" square, has any one got a better supply anywhere, I saw Jim's post but when I checked he website they didn't seem to do 20mm.

Regards

Kevin
Why not cast your own at least you'll know how thick and strong it is init?

kjmc1957

Registered
Hi Grump

I had thought of casting the resin my self, wasn't sure if it would be exactly the same strength as shop bought, does anyone have any ideas?

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
So do want to go 50/50 on the stabilizing resin
Or not because if you dont im giong to get it but thought id give you a chance to get some if l buy it then yuoll have to come to meet me its up to you cheers Frankie.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).