• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bullet Pen

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
OK don't faint in surprise as this is the second pen I have made in less than a week. You will have to wait to see the other one

Got around to making a bullet pen from one of the cartridges I brought at a military show and one of the camo blanks I cast I selected the one with quite a bit of whaite but when turned that nearly all disappeared and it came out mainly brown.
I had some copper tubing which was very close fit to the larger end and again near enough to take the brass tube so a quick drill down the centre and turned the outer down to fit the cartridge everything ended up on centre.

Attachments

• DSCF6523 (2).JPG
    DSCF6523 (2).JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 52

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It's a nice pen and blank even though most of the white turned away:thumbs:

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
There is satisfaction in rolling your own at least there was for me when I was a very heavy smoker.

Making a pen from your own collected cartridge and home made blank is beaut. I prefer the gun pointing down now they do them that way on the clip.

You gave the body of the pen size and shape.

Peter.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
There is satisfaction in rolling your own at least there was for me when I was a very heavy smoker.

Making a pen from your own collected cartridge and home made blank is beaut. I prefer the gun pointing down now they do them that way on the clip.

You gave the body of the pen size and shape.

Peter.

I prefer the gun pointing down, but although you can buy kits with it pointing down I haven't come across clips you can buy that point down.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
I prefer the gun pointing down, but although you can buy kits with it pointing down I haven't come across clips you can buy that point down.

Peter

Last pen from Les called Brass to Brass had one they are numerous now. I am out of the swim buying clips but will keep my eye out at our forthcoming big annual show in August. Just checked the Carbine Ball Point kits from Taiwan I bought from my mate recently point down.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).