• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bullet Pens

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
As some may know i have just got back into pens again.
I have two NATO rounds 7.65mm, the bullet is out of the case and the case empty (thought i would get that in lol).
I made two of these before but i can't find any details as to what brass tube to use i think they were twist pens as i did not drill the case, only the lead bullet itself.
Does anyone know of plans or instructions for these.

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
I have done hundreds of these... There should be a tutorial in the files section...
I use 7mm slimline kits.... Drill out the primer and glue in the tube....

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
IMG_20220429_180433.jpg
Some I have made earlier, these have new bullet head fitted(with a reloading press)
IMG_20220429_132917.jpg
How I use tape to increase the tube diameter to fit the case mouth.... I don't fix the back of the tube, just the front.... I use PU glue on the front.... Left overnight and then trimmed:banana::banana:

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
With the real bullets, I drill the primer out to take the transmission directly and don't use a tube at all. I used to drill the lead out the bullets too, but it's much easier to warm with a blow torch and it melts out... I drill the hole in them using a collet chuck to hold them.... Nothing overly complicated
You can do most. 3 caliber bullets this way. 303. 308(7.62) 3006.....i have also done a smaller AK round (7.62x39):ciggrin::ciggrin:

waterbuffalo

First Name
nigel
As some may know i have just got back into pens again.
I have two NATO rounds 7.65mm, the bullet is out of the case and the case empty (thought i would get that in lol).
I made two of these before but i can't find any details as to what brass tube to use i think they were twist pens as i did not drill the case, only the lead bullet itself.
Does anyone know of plans or instructions for these.

i have a load of 762 cases if you need any

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Nickel cases are not easily reloadable so tends to get thrown... Also produced in smaller numbers due to cost...:ciggrin:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).