• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bushings or Bushes?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Part of the problem with Tinterweb is it has made the world so small and communication instant.
Therefore we are going to get cross cultures on it with all there foibles and quirks.
I am still a firm believer that the English language should be kept as the English language, there is no dialect in the written word.
The English ? British amongst us should set an example to the rest of the world by introducing a penalty system of fines or such, as a swear box in a pub.
Anyone using the word Burl or Bushing should be taken outside and publicly flogged, Bring back the Birch I say init???
Keep England in Britain I say Vote for Grump in the next erection.
Leave the Chinese for the Yanks to speak init??
Is that better dad??

Not bad but not up to your normal standard on this subject I have seen a lot worst from you :bwink::bwink:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It should be easy to remember if you think about the old proverb, a hand in the bird is worth two in the bushes, so bushes it is.

Peter:whistling:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I once sat on a train for an hour with a couple from Birmingham. They talked the entire journey and I never understood a word they said! :bwink:

When all's said and done the only question worth asking is whether the meaning was clear. Language is not for its own sake, it's a tool for communicating. If it accomplishes that the rest is pedantry. Init? :ave_it:

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Fellow
I was walking down Gosport's High Street about a week ago and I couldn't understand any of the conversations...
Maybe it's because they were either Polish, Romanian or Afghanistan.
So what chance has the good old English language got ?:thinks::thinks:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I was walking down Gosport's High Street about a week ago and I couldn't understand any of the conversations...
Maybe it's because they were either Polish, Romanian or Afghanistan.
So what chance has the good old English language got ?:thinks::thinks:

You want to give Hackney London a try

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Jim owd cock, ez tha eard these ere fellahs tryin to spake reight like as me and thee duz

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).