• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

CA Faliure Advice needed

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Microcrystalline Wax is great stuff for stopping things sticking and can be used on much of your tooling to prevent rust as well. I’ve even given my Lathe a quick coat of wax to keep unwanted finishes etc sticking to the paintwork.

Pastor of Muppets

First Name
Andy
If you're struggling top get out a glued in bush, find something to slip up the tube from the other end, and knock it out from within. You could invest in a set of transfer punches. If you google them, your screen will light up with places to buy them, and before too long they will also come in handy for that time when you need to dis-assemble a pen. Everybody reaches that time sooner or later, even the most experienced of makers, and transfer punches are to tools of choice to do the job.

I have now ordered a pen disassembly kit, but using my knock out bar for the tailstock and fearful gentle ness the offending bushing has been removed and it seems not to have done any damage to the Yew or the tube I guess the test will be in the fitting!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
How many wings on an Angel etc Andy Les has given you an alternative as have others. I remember clearly forever ago a query to Rolls Royce the enquiry was what was the horse power of a particular model, their answer from the factory was adequate. When you finish going from one product to another you will have a verdict that suits you best. All the best Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).