• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Can you guess?

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Ah yes Peter, It’s only an Airsoft pistol but I did ask the mods to remove the picture as I stupidly uploaded before realising. It has a leaky gas seal in one of the magazines and I had been trying to find the leak. Hard to tell the difference with some of these though so I didn’t want folks to get the wrong idea, hence the request to remove the picture.

I’ve done a bit more but I’m considering some details before proceeding. I did say I was making it up as I went along and I’ve made one miscalculation in that the main slot isn’t long enough. No problem though as I can recut it a bit longer. I think I’ve decided though not to continue at full width like the rest of the slot but to make it a bit narrower. It doesn’t need to be full width at this point and may make the jig very slightly more robust.

DD4F1D4E-DC5C-46BB-9B36-FD8C6F5DA6CA.jpg

On other jigs I’ve seen the support rod pictured is clamped in place by slitting the mount it goes through then providing a clamp bolt to squeeze it onto the shaft. I could do this but I think possibly a better solution is to cut a narrow slot in the top of the shaft and provide a clamp bolt that fits into it. In this way the shaft cannot rotate either.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Very nice:drool:
We are not trusted to have Airsoft pistols.:rant::rant:

Thanks.

They changed the law here too. You can only have proper coloured ones if you’re in a club now otherwise they have to be painted pink or blue etc. Strangely enough you can buy an identical looking CO2 pistol with five times the power without any problem.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
I think the motor mount, guide mount and guide assembly are about finished. More work to do on the column and then I need to think about the base.

C8A4B137-1646-4D17-8C09-C2F4AF7C4815.jpg

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Complete assembly to date with router fitted.

Attachments

• 6824065B-0869-46DA-939E-F69E058EC811.jpg
    6824065B-0869-46DA-939E-F69E058EC811.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 42

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
I’m calling this done for the column. Next job is the base but I’m still not sure of the exact layout of holes etc yet.

4F8084C3-0801-4F6D-99D3-E204FECC1FEE.jpg

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Other stuff to do but I’ve been trying to work out the radius adjustment and have come up with this.

B9A4562A-D1A5-4080-B5B8-746775221E85.jpg

I need to see what material I have in stock for these parts.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Ah yes Peter, It’s only an Airsoft pistol but I did ask the mods to remove the picture as I stupidly uploaded before realising. It has a leaky gas seal in one of the magazines and I had been trying to find the leak. Hard to tell the difference with some of these though so I didn’t want folks to get the wrong idea, hence the request to remove the picture.
I didn't spot your message I'm afraid William. However, your photo has context and ongoing discussion now, so a lot of other posts would now not make sense if it was removed. No harm done I think by leaving it there, but I'll remove it it you still want me to.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).