• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Can you ..........

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
See a problem here?

Les

Ultra%20Cigar%20-%20Copy%20Custom.jpg

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Is the gold centre band on the wrong way. The kit looks like an Ultra cigar pen kit

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
I am not sure it could be done, but it looks like you have put the finial where the centre band should be.:thinks:

I thought the CB on the ultra was a much more tapered piece.:thinks: having said that I thought the finial was threaded section to hold the clip on..

I know, just realised, there is only a 2/3 of the pen showing.. :rolling:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Not a kit I've made up Les but a google search suggests there should be another chrome band above the gold section on the nib, certainly in the picture I found this was so, this gave a smooth transition from blank to nib.

Les ELm

Executive Member
First Name
Les
Not a kit I've made up Les but a google search suggests there should be another chrome band above the gold section on the nib, certainly in the picture I found this was so, this gave a smooth transition from blank to nib.

Exactly. I didn't make this pen, but the turner insisted that this is the way the nib section is supposed to look like.
This is the ones I make.

Les

1%20-%20Ultra%20Cigar%20Ballpoint%20and%20Bubinga%20Custom.jpg

]
1B%20-%20Ultra%20Cigar%20Ballpoint%20with%20Bubinga%20Custom.jpg

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
I suspect that the difference is that the ones you make Les are genuine Berea products whilst the one you showed in the opening post is a copy:

This is from the Berea website and shows a good fit between nib unit and blank:

UC1_1000x978.png

This is from another supplier and has a step as in the OP:

4807833_orig.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).