• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Chalk holder

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Question do you have to buy special chalk to fit since normal chalk is tapered. You see I have a Teacher in the family. I went earlier to Penn State on the net no talk of Chalk. sort of locked into a brand/shape like Workshop Pencil Leads.

Peter.

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
Question do you have to buy special chalk to fit since normal chalk is tapered. You see I have a Teacher in the family. I went earlier to Penn State on the net no talk of Chalk. sort of locked into a brand/shape like Workshop Pencil Leads.

Peter.

I noticed that when I "loaded" this one. I had to turn the chalk big end out to get it to stay in place.:rolling:

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
You sound like me Terry
I started building our oak kitchen 12 years ago, it's still waiting for most of its base unit doors to be made & installed!

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
I was planning on finishing it this winter but the pen turning has put pay to that! I've even stuck all the oak for the doors under one of the kids beds to give me more space in the workshop!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
My Daughter the long time Teacher who lives in Utah I hope to talk to today I will ask does she still use chalk or wipe off Textas. I am thinking of making for her. I personally love knurling etc it knocks the living daylights on the metal lathe so when I see it done so well it suits me to buy product like this..Over here Christmas is the beginning of the long school holidays in the heat.

Kind regards Peter.

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
You could use them to make a bench top in you shed.:funny::funny:

That's why I put it away under our daughters bed! otherwise I would have been syphoning it off to make a display cabinet & pen stands, then find out I don't have enough left to finish the kitchen :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).