• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

China celebrates ballpoint pen breakthrough!

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
In an article I read on the same subject the author blamed the state run machinery, management, material purchasing of Stainless Steel squarely on the government of China quoting the statistics including the total number of pens actually made in China now. By the way purchasing of the refills has been a tiny part of manufacture when you buy incredible numbers of them. I liken it to drill costs when amortised over the number of clean , sound holes I get from my purchased drills. Of course it all adds up.

In our country almost all manufacture of motor vehicles was subsidised to the hilt, now those manufacturers are gone done and dusted. The new cars coming in by import have a high standard and are cheaper than made in Australia. In China the Govt reigns supreme. I remember clearly with Brexit the overhead costs of the Union was in administration and red tape.

Peter.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
In an article I read on the same subject the author blamed the state run machinery, management, material purchasing of Stainless Steel squarely on the government of China quoting the statistics including the total number of pens actually made in China now. By the way purchasing of the refills has been a tiny part of manufacture when you buy incredible numbers of them. I liken it to drill costs when amortised over the number of clean , sound holes I get from my purchased drills. Of course it all adds up.

In our country almost all manufacture of motor vehicles was subsidised to the hilt, now those manufacturers are gone done and dusted. The new cars coming in by import have a high standard and are cheaper than made in Australia. In China the Govt reigns supreme. I remember clearly with Brexit the overhead costs of the Union was in administration and red tape.

Peter.

Sorry this site is abysmal from over here it hangs up goes into fatal errors, time outs, now this morning doubled up. From all round the world I have freedom and easy access and use. Yesterday I went to my provider for hrs then my all time expert whow took over my computer for a long time I have no answer at this time.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).