• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Christmas now done with these 2 - Need a bit of help on Thuya

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
Last two pens sorted for Christmas - Talk about last minute

Fountain Pen is an Omega using a blank from Oz via George Valentine - mix of Huon Pine and Resin. Lovely to work with but finish on the Pine was hard work Hijacked a case to show it off a little better. My photos don't do justice to George's work

Elegant Sierra with some of the Thuya that Alex gave the heads up on. Problem is I could not get it to shine (ca) managed it eventually but not sure I can remember how. Are there some tricks I need to know please??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 53

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Last two pens sorted for Christmas - Talk about last minute

Fountain Pen is an Omega using a blank from Oz via George Valentine - mix of Huon Pine and Resin. Lovely to work with but finish on the Pine was hard work Hijacked a case to show it off a little better. My photos don't do justice to George's work

Elegant Sierra with some of the Thuya that Alex gave the heads up on. Problem is I could not get it to shine (ca) managed it eventually but not sure I can remember how. Are there some tricks I need to know please??

The best trick with thyua and ca is not to use ca

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim

Grand Master
Two cracking pens Andy, looking at the finish you don't need any advice, these look very good indeed .. :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Great pens in the morning Andy finish sminish the end result is what counts one mans brew can be anathema to another develop your own answers like you already have. Thanks for showing Peter.:thumbs::thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).