• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Clay Pen Blanks has a new mascot! (still a puppy)

EStreet

Registered
First Name
Ed
Wanted to give everyone a quick heads up that Toni and I got a new mascot. I flew out of Atlanta yesterday to Denver. (woke up at 2am EST for this trip btw) Met the owners of the parents and picked up the little guy then flew home at 7 pm MST ( 9 pm EST) then drove home and arrived shortly before 2am. I spent the time walking the airport (logged 9 miles) and looking at all the shops, layout and architectural designs. It was a VERY long 24 hours but well worth it.

My new plus one - YouTube

Blenheim King Charles cavalier spaniel puppy - YouTube

Worth noting!!! Toni made the bowl that spunky monkey is eating from. It's earthen ware pottery that Toni enjoys and has a huge talent for. Note that the LONG ears are not inside the bowl as the bowl is specially designed just for long eared dogs and it does not get the ears messed up with food or water.

Would also like to comment and say that the Denver Airport is HIGHLY dog friendly. I saw at least 3 dozen dogs in the airport that were *NOT* in carriers. The airport also has 3 pet relief areas, one in each concourse.

Pets | Denver International Airport

View attachment 32668

He flew in the cabin in a carrier under the seat. I had zero issues going thru TSA or from the airline, terminal, airplane crew.

View attachment 32669

Our new addition to the family is a blenheim king charles cavalier spaniel. He was born Oct 22, 2016 so 81 days as of this posting or 11 1/2 weeks.

Being a puppy is HARD WORK as seen here.
View attachment 32670

View attachment 32671

This was front lawn today, taken with the older dog Eden who is almost 2 years old now.
View attachment 32672

Hope you enjoy, I know that we will :)

View attachment 32673

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
What welcome news Ed for you and Toni this is tremendous. We love our dogs and cats so much , each one with their own personality. Tolerance indeed with your airlines unheard of over here. Just the right age to get a puppy IMHO. Share with Toni my happiness for you Wilma joins with me knowing this New Year has great appeal and promise for you both. On this forum this is news we could all deal with.

Peter.:goesred:

Treeesa

Graduate Member
First Name
Andy
That last picture looks like he's got some tricks up his sleeve for you Ed - Enjoy, we lost our Westie a couple of years ago and it's only a matter of time I'm sure until we get another four legged friend :thumbs:

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
He looks a cutie, I guess you will now be woken up in the early hours of the morning.:funny:
Our airports/planes are not pet friendly, when I got my last pup it cost a few dollars less than what it would have cost me for a seat on the plane, pets here go in the hold. A snake in a 12" X 12" X 4" container cost $99.00:vangry:

EStreet

Registered
First Name
Ed
0f864e62b5d6255a926440abcb78c009.png

I had to add a carry on bag for the return trip. It was $30 and I had dog food, papers, toys, my iPad, charging cables etc.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).