• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Clobbered by customs and royal mail

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
It's fixed at £8 Peter, irrespective of the size of the customs bill.

Sorry - my reply coincided with Eammons - I'm not one of those who simply must tell you that I know the answer.

Last edited:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
In Australia importing from Ritzheng the customs dept rate on the cost plus freight, the freight is called Air Freight a fraud IMHO cause it is posted by mail however due to the huge increase in purchases from overseas our postal dept is closing down on postal people in real terms the number of employees stamp and other costs are rocketing. The Govt allow us up to 1000 dollars in but the major retailers are forcing huge changes there as well. Still you could be in Greece with a population of 10 million (there are huge populations in Australia of Greek people) less than 5 million supporting the country. I do remember in the 80,s in Ireland that was so depressed then the IT boom now? Some of my friends from Southern Italy used to have to take sums of money to help families on visits to Italy now they say anything you need when they have family from Australia visit.

Somewhere every day there are tougher than we endure taxes and impositions its called user pay system as you said recently Peter its great to pay your way in your own country. All the best everyone as a retiree on the full pension for most of twenty years it gets exciting, as I read the forum if any one of us kept accurate records of how much we spend on our gear and the results the cost per pen is horrendous.

Take care out there. Peter.:fingers:

Bigblackdog

Registered
First Name
Mark
royal mail is a fixed fee, but the couriers have their own rate, which in my experience is more. so it does make a difference which shipping method you use.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Somewhere every day there are tougher than we endure taxes and impositions its called user pay system as you said recently Peter its great to pay your way in your own country. All the best everyone as a retiree on the full pension for most of twenty years it gets exciting, as I read the forum if any one of us kept accurate records of how much we spend on our gear and the results the cost per pen is horrendous.

Take care out there. Peter.:fingers:

I do think that paying the correct amount of taxes is right, although when I see MPs fiddling expenses with impunity my instinct is not to condemn those who do not pay their dues, but if everyone did that we would be in the same hole as Greece.

Peter

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
I do think that paying the correct amount of taxes is right, although when I see MPs fiddling expenses with impunity my instinct is not to condemn those who do not pay their dues, but if everyone did that we would be in the same hole as Greece.

Peter

If every one did this may be the pollies will have to live within their means, :nooidea: well with in our mean our means I suppose.:scratch_head::scratch_head:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).