• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Club competition entry a Carvers Mallet.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Lovely mallet, Kevin! Not knowing anything about carving I can't offer any criticism, all I can say is for some strange reason I want it! Post the eBay link when it's up, I may just have a flutter!

kjmc1957

Registered
Hi All

Just to bring you up to date, I entered the mallet, came joint 1st and lost out in the chairmans casting vote cos the other one was made of Ash and he likes Ash.....oh well.

Regards

Kevin

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Well done Kevin, joint first is great, chairman is a fool:banana::banana::banana:

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Give the Chairman a link to this site where we will diplomatically show him the error of his decision init?
Joint first is the title you must claim.

kjmc1957

Registered
Hi Fella's

Many thanks for the kind words, I'll survive it, next month is a Japanese inspired Inro box, never turned a box in my life so this'll be a first and a laugh, I'll show it when it's ready.
Regards
Kevin

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Well done on getting at the top of the competition.

Try to find out who the judges are for the next one and make it with their favourite wood along with a bit of Ash for the Chairman:devil::devil::devil:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Kevin, did you make a video? I am just about to get some balls and am hoping they are wood, the owner didn't know, but they are old so I am hoping.

I take it that the centre piece will come out of the bowl? Can you give me any advice?

Peter

Twister

Registered
First Name
Steve
the centre piece should be a disc of ivory if they are old
may be useful for something

Steve

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
the centre piece should be a disc of ivory if they are old
may be useful for something

Steve

I haven't got them yet, but the photo shows a black disc.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).