• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Compatibility between Axminster Jaws and VEVOR Chucks ?

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
Hi all

Does anyone know if Axminster Jaws fit the equivalent sized VEVOR Chuck.

Thanks for any help with this

Paul.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
My understanding is that they don't. The interface between jaw and carrier is different.

Axi jaws require a male spigot on the carrier that locates in a female recess on the dovetail jaw. Vevor is the other way round - they have a female recess on the carrier into which a male spigot on the dovetail jaw locates.

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
Ok thanks

Don't suppose you know of any make that is compatible with Vevor, I am looking to add a set of pen jaws.

Thanks

Paul

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
Just been googling and it looks like one of the Nova chucks is identical to the Vevor and their pen jaws are priced to make it worth buying a set to see if they fit.

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Nova jaws certainly have the same arrangement of interface, (female in the carrier, male on the jaw), but whether or not the geometry is the same and if the bolt holes line up, I couldn't tell you I'm afraid. I would be interested to know the answer though, when you find out.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Some of the Nova, Record Power and the Sorby Top Jaws are interchangeable between these makes. They take M6 screws with a spacing of 18mm. If the Vevor also takes M6 screws with the same spacing then thereā€™s a reasonable chance the Top Jaws from these manufacturers may fit it?

Attachments

• IMG_5504.jpeg
    IMG_5504.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 3

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Can you indicate which Chuck and Top Jaws were incompatible - it may help others. šŸ˜‰
axminster spigot height is about1 mm or so , some axminster ā€œcompatible ā€œ jaw slides had a 3mm high spigot so you canā€™t tighten them down properly ( even though screw spacing means they ā€œfitā€ ).

This was with Axminster aluminium cole or button jaws . I have 2 sizes of these and both have shallow grooves to mate with the jaw slides.

On their steel Oā€™Donnell jaws the grooves are deeper and you can tighten the jaw down to firmly fit the slides.

Havenā€™t taken other jaws apart to check groove depth and fit, so sorry cant advise on those .

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
Just to confuse things even more, just had the Vevor chuck delivered and it has male spigots on the carrier like on the Axminster chucks, not female as mentioned above.

Think I will sneak the chuck into Axminsters on my next visit and see if their jaws will fit.

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Just to confuse things even more, just had the Vevor chuck delivered and it has male spigots on the carrier like on the Axminster chucks, not female as mentioned above.

Think I will sneak the chuck into Axminsters on my next visit and see if their jaws will fit.
Axminster will sell you the jaws so ask if they fit first and tryout in the show room . Theyā€™re a good firm to deal with generally

Paul-H

First Name
Paul
Hi all

Just to put this one to bed, I tried a set of Axminster jaws on my Revor and they didn't fit, the male alignment stub on the carrier jaw is wider on the Revor so although the screw holes lined up the stub was to big to fit the slot cut in the jaws.

My quest continues.

Paul

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Hi all

Just to put this one to bed, I tried a set of Axminster jaws on my Revor and they didn't fit, the male alignment stub on the carrier jaw is wider on the Revor so although the screw holes lined up the stub was to big to fit the slot cut in the jaws.

My quest continues.

Paul
Thatā€™s a blow isnā€™t it.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).