• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Complete beginner !

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
Lainey,

Welcome, I hope you enjoy the forum, but do apologise in advance for all these old codgers and their bad language, most of them are in their Adventure before dementia stage in life but are a bit nutty to start with.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Don't worry Elaine, Terry is very, very old
This is true but Woody is so much older init?
Welcome Lainey enjoy the forums you'll have some fun in here.

Lainey

First Name
Elaine
Thank you to you all for your very warm welcome . I certainly have been lucky to join this forum, already I've been offered advice, had an invitation AND been called a lady ! I must apologise and thank Neil, firstly apologise as I assumed the "meet" was a public venue and just about invited myself , and thank him for being gracious and inviting me anyway and offering so much help and advice.
I have enjoyed reading the banter , it's made me smile !
Thank you

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Thank you to you all for your very warm welcome . I certainly have been lucky to join this forum, already I've been offered advice, had an invitation AND been called a lady ! I must apologise and thank Neil, firstly apologise as I assumed the "meet" was a public venue and just about invited myself , and thank him for being gracious and inviting me anyway and offering so much help and advice.
I have enjoyed reading the banter , it's made me smile !
Thank you

You would be doing us all a favour if you came to the York "do" Lainey. The only forum member I've met so far is Walter but I think some of the others need to be kept in check from what I've heard :very_drunk:.....so the presence of a lady might just do the trick.:friendly_wink:
Doesn't apply to me of course, I'm always well behaved!:whistling:

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Welcome Lainey. You can treat this place like a second home. Questions, ask away there's more than enough experience on here to offer help/advice. Turning is a funny old game, and I'm sure after a while you'll work out what aspect you like more.
But, most importantly, do what you like and like what you do.
Looking forward to seeing your first work:thumbs:

( ps don't say the words "pink" and "acrylic" to Brian, he gets all excited) :devil:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.

Lainey

First Name
Elaine
Yes an image is starting to emerge, but I'm not that easily scared( I've had children !) It would take a lot to cause offence too, so I hope no one feels they have to watch what they say or how they say it , just because a female of the species has turned up! ( is that a pun I see before me ?)
No , not Irish.... A Yorkshire lass born and bred !
And as for sexist jokes .....Q. Why do women have smaller feet ? A. So they can get closer to the sink !

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Yes an image is starting to emerge, but I'm not that easily scared( I've had children !)

...Q. Why do women have smaller feet ? A. So they can get closer to the sink !

Bugger me... .... I thought it was or get closer to the ironing board.. You learn something every day...:bwink::funny:

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Well how rude of me leaving it so long before saying welcome to the asylum Lainey! I didn't really miss this thread honest :rolling:
you will enjoy the forum I'm sure! have fun..

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
And as for sexist jokes .....Q. Why do women have smaller feet ? A. So they can get closer to the sink !

Yebbut...why do womens size 4 shoes cost a lot more than my size 10s? Never could quite work that one out. And if women are "chained to the kitchen sink" why do they need shoes at all (and soooo many!) a cheap pair of slippers would do nicely.:whistling:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Never mind all this joviality on a Sunday moaning.
A good woman would be in the kitchen stoving over a hot slave init?
I know my place bye.

billyb_imp

Registered
First Name
Billy
Welcome to the forum Lainey, ask away, the answers will come thick and fast.

I to was in your position back in March this year but this lot here soon got me on track :thinks::thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome to the forum Lainey, ask away, the answers will come thick and fast.

I to was in your position back in March this year but this lot here soon got me on track :thinks::thumbs:

As soon as you've made us all a cuppa that is :funny::funny::funny::funny:

Lainey

First Name
Elaine
Better keep this forum secret from the big pharmaceutical companies..... It's better than any medicine!
I would be more than happy to make you cuppa's , I've served my apprenticeship ....and ,If I'm ever going to make a pen, I need you all !
I might get to meet some of you on the 16th in York . I've so much to learn, it's too good an opportunity to miss.

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
Better keep this forum secret from the big pharmaceutical companies..... It's better than any medicine!

Welcome Lainey, where on earth do you think all of the above companies test there anti-addiction drugs :banana: but they ain't found one to cure us yet:banghead:

By the way you will make a small fortune out of turning.......................just start with a a large one:whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).