• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Contentious comment alert

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Festival of Remembrance - Royal Albert Hall - 12th November 2016
Jeremy Corbyn
Is that dreadful man pathologically incapable of buttoning his collar to at least give the illusion that he has the tiniest bit of respect for the countless men and women, past and present, who have fallen or serve to protect our country and our freedom?

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
While I agree with your comments Phil, i don't believe it's worth remembering the festival of rememberance on the Beeb for all the wrong reasons..

We all have different standards and his are just not as high as the local tramp.

I'm sure that all of those that we were remembering and the ones that stood there on prosthetics will be remembered for the right reasons and he will be remembered for all the wrong ones..

Unfortunately he will always be remembered for that tie in the 2016 festival of rememberance and no one will remember Nick that walked that book of rememberance in as triple amputee will he?..

Just saying :rolling::rolling: and I think the whole country needs to look at the good things in this country and not the tossers that think they can run it.:vangry::vangry:

Rant over......

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
In the light of recent event, ie Trumps win over Hilary

As far as I could see, both were as bad as each other, so when it came down to it ... The people didn't really have a decent choice

I feel this is going to be the same for us ... the invisible May .... or Corbyn ..... and who in their right mind is going to vote for him ... :thinks:

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Isn't he the idiot that want's to send our submarines to sea with no warheads? don't bother to give these losers the attention they are seeking :rolling:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
.... or Corbyn ..... and who in their right mind is going to vote for him ... :thinks:

Those very same people who have kept him in charge of his party. Do not fall into the trap thinking he couldn't win a General election just as Trump couldn't win the election.

Peter

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
Those very same people who have kept him in charge of his party. Do not fall into the trap thinking he couldn't win a General election just as Trump couldn't win the election.

Peter

Don't fall into the trap thinking he can win the election just as they thought Hilary could ...

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
To Quote one journalist:
DONALD Trump’s win is the biggest “f--- you” to all his enemies — the media, the politicians and Wall Street.

The whole world now — and our own political class — has been given a shock and a warning.

Stop bullying and patronising the silent majority or they will rise in terrible revolt.The British vote to leave Europe showed the public would no longer be chained. Trump’s victory confirms it.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Whilst not a Corbyn fan at least he can stand at a memorial service with a clear conscience safe in the knowledge his parliamentary vote hasn't sent 100's of British service personnel to their deaths in wars that were based on lies, lies & oil.
He also isn't getting rich as others are on the back of those pointless wars whose only outcome has lead to a far less safe world with 1000's of more innocent lives being lost, as he predicted.

But why worry about those greedy warmongering money grabbing MP's as long as they can dress up smart to honour the men & women they have sent to their deaths, let's pick on the bloke who didn't do his button up, such a heinous crime!

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
While far from being a Corbynister or whatever the term is I was about to say the same thing Doug especially after watching the ceremony at the Cenotaph and seeing a former PM there who in my view has a lot to answer for to our armed forces he sent in with no policy or end game and in some instances poorly equipped plus all the mayhem which has happened since and will probably get worce before it gets better.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).