• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Coronavirus for real

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
Dominic Raab said the lockdown here will be at least until May 7th. I wouldn’t be surprised if it remains in place until the end of May. I don’t have any issues with it, I can still go out for a walk or a ride on my bike. We’re getting weekly deliveries from one of two different supermarkets so we don’t need to get close to others. Anything that comes into the house gets outer packaging binned straight away and stuff gets wiped down or put in the shed for a few days.

21William

Fellow
First Name
William
We had an unexpected knock on our door a while ago. It was someone from the Pharmacy dropping our drugs off. This is something new, together with the fact that our prescriptions will be filled automatically for three months.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Yesterday we went to Ikea, bought or thought I had until I approached the register which now refuses to accept cash (bummer). 30 km both ways to my bank 1 hr in a Q at the bank 5 mins to change details in my card so can now tap and go.MADE MY FIRST FORAY INTO BLEEDING FORCED SCREAMING into the cashless brigade thanks to the virus, but wait sir you will need a bag 1 dollar tap and go again. Over past the checkout two icecreams and one chips another tap and go,the height of stupidity IMHO.

Any way since I gave our car awayI had my disability scooter and played dodgems in and around Ikea. Bought 3 or 4 one battery clocks 3-4 dollars each and a 50 dollar light fitting I later modified and fitted on our wall for 7 dollars plus couple of other items. Result really happy wife. Mark from the Creek I found a user wholesaler of plastics will see if they have scraps so I can make a pen finish for myself,I will then send the formula. Ten metres of 3/4 inch felt 2 metres wide ,2 brand new 4 foot led light fittings from scrap dealer, Track Saw from Bunnings plus sundries altogether a long tiring and productive day.

Peter.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Yesterday we went to Ikea, bought or thought I had until I approached the register which now refuses to accept cash (bummer). 30 km both ways to my bank 1 hr in a Q at the bank 5 mins to change details in my card so can now tap and go.MADE MY FIRST FORAY INTO BLEEDING FORCED SCREAMING into the cashless brigade thanks to the virus, but wait sir you will need a bag 1 dollar tap and go again. Over past the checkout two icecreams and one chips another tap and go,the height of stupidity IMHO.Peter.

I totally agree with you Peter. I prefer using cash.:thumbs:

A friend of mine was travelling in the mid north SA, filled her car up at a road house,went to pay and found that the EFTPOS was down, she had to wait 3 hrs with a couple of screaming crying kids under 5, till it came back on line.
She is now a convert in travelling with cash.

I will be very interested in you experiments Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).