• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Cortona Fiery Embers

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
Here is a new kit from PSI, called the Cortona. This one is chrome and gold, and has a stylus on the finial. The blank is from Exotic Blanks, and is called Fiery Brown Embers. Nice blank. Not too sure about the kit, you'll see why. I thought Cortona was an odd name for a pen kit, so I Googled it. It's a town in Italy.

Cortona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• done08.JPG
    done08.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 45
  • done09.JPG
    done09.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 44
  • done10.JPG
    done10.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 44
  • done11.JPG
    done11.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 43
  • done02.jpg
    done02.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 44
  • done05.jpg
    done05.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 45
  • done06.JPG
    done06.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 45

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim
When I assembled it, there was a bad gap between the body and tip. I thought I may have over trimmed it, so I ground down the end of the refill. There is still a small gap, but not as bad. As you can see by comparing it to a tube from another Cortona kit, I didn't over trim it by that much. I had to grind off more of the refill than the difference between the tube and body. So I'm not sure what's going on. I'll pay more attention to the second kit I make.

Attachments

• gap05.jpg
    gap05.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 42
  • gap04.jpg
    gap04.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 42
  • gap02.jpg
    gap02.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 43
  • gap06.JPG
    gap06.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 43
  • gap07.JPG
    gap07.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 43

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Nice job Jim ,think I like the kit apart from the rubber button on the end :thumbs:
A couple of years ago whilst driving in Tuscany we got lost and ended up in Cortona, nice little place

qquake2k

Fellow
First Name
Jim

Attachments

• CORTONA_CITY.jpg
    CORTONA_CITY.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 26
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).