• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Craft Fairs

glenpen

Graduate Member
First Name
Glen
How have others done this year at craft Fairs this year. My takings are the worst for the last 4 yeas.

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Hi Glen
We did our 1st ever fete this year and thought we did really well (though not knowing how others do we have no benchmark)
I sold 8 pens in total and my wife - makes and sells crochet toys, nearly sold out.
We raised just over Ā£300 (from memory) and we had a great day as well, made new friends and met some lovely people.
To us it was a resounding success šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ‘

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
How have others done this year at craft Fairs this year. My takings are the worst for the last 4 yeas.
Haven't done any fairs until a few weeks ago and now have done two. I have a float of Ā£90 plus Ā£15 in coins. After I came home from the first I put away the float and counted the remainder and had Ā£160, done the same on the second and had Ā£60.
Went to a fair yesterday that required insurance to show what I made, sold one at Ā£20 and the organiser wants three for gifts this weekend totaling Ā£55. Which would making Ā£295 in total.
However I am not in the hobby to make money just for relaxation.
So I sell my wooden slimlines for Ā£10 and acrylic slimlines for Ā£15. Streamlines are Ā£5 dearer for each. Wood Sierra/Sirocco Ā£20 and acrylic pens at Ā£25..
So all in all not to bad as it replaces a full kit and a pen kit.
So I am very happy at that...

Tom