• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Crop of pens.

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
Morning,

Like to share a few of the pens that have emerged from the workshop of late.

First up is a pair of Omega's in Crab Apple, followed by another Omega in Cherry. Third in line is an Epsilon in Cherry, then a pair of Magnetic Graduates in Camphor Laurel, (left plain on request) and lastly a pair of Magnetic Vertex in Olive.

Critiques please.

Thanks.

Chriscb

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
Afternoon,

Thanks for the comments - the Vertex pair are quite heavy and chunky - what I expect to see on a MDs desk. Anyone notice the grain on the Omega Cherry - if I may crow a bit I thought that looks quite classy!

Chriscb

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Spot on Chris, all very nice, the 2 sets of magnetic ones I've not seen before and they look different, in a good way though, well done.

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
Your own assessment is interesting I rate the last two sets as outstanding.

Peter.

Evening Peter,

Thanks for your comment, which intrigues me no end. If its not going to be too embarrassing for me, could you expand on your first comment?

Incidentally, someone else agrees with your own rating - I sold the Vertex pair for a good price a few days ago.

Regards,

Chriscb

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Evening Peter,

Thanks for your comment, which intrigues me no end. If its not going to be too embarrassing for me, could you expand on your first comment?

Incidentally, someone else agrees with your own rating - I sold the Vertex pair for a good price a few days ago.

Regards,

Chriscb

Chris I find it very difficult with a batch of pens as they scroll down to define my thoughts to picture them individually. So I printed them in colour ie your crop of pens (your expression I agree with).

With Omegas in Crab Apple open these pens identify two things the beaut shape of the tip of the fountain penfrom the barrel. The other one has never impressed me typical of so many like it. You turn full shapes I like to grip better. I don,y post pens so the threaded bottom does nothing for me. Neat plain timber.

Loved the grain detail in the Cherry Omega. I like Omega clips, choice of kit colour.

Along came the Magnetic Graduates open they are full of interest and design ( I love knurling). You slimmed these down nicely both are beaut pens.

Epsilon Cherry you overturned at the tip, this kit appeals to me from a writing point of view easy to follow the tip as you write.

The Vertex pens I see hexes and enjoy them , once again open they have so much going for them. Overall seeing pairs is unusual and revealing lots of ticks there. Love the cap detail and Olive Wood.

Kind regards Peter.

Chriscb

First Name
Chris
Afternoon Peter,

Thank you for an honest and well presented critique. Some points to ponder indeed. Appreciate the time you took to share your expertise.

Kind regards,

Chriscb

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).