• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Delta Pen & Pencil Set

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Turned these yesterday using a Sorby Micro Spindlemaster that I found in the back of one of the cupboards. Quite like the Spindlemaster.

Attachments

• DSCN0526 copy.jpg
    DSCN0526 copy.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN0525 copy.jpg
    DSCN0525 copy.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 65

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Nice looking pens Vic. The chrome goes well with the white and black acrylic.

I am sure I have a spindlemaster somewhere that I bought so I could include it when I wrote my book. Never used it since but it does work well on acrylic.

Exits to workshop to look for disused spindlemaster. :whistling:

Terry Q

Fellow
First Name
Terry
Would never have thought to use a spindle master to turn a pen. Did you turn it upside down and use the flat on the tool rest?

Really like the blank. Great looking set.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Would never have thought to use a spindle master to turn a pen. Did you turn it upside down and use the flat on the tool rest?

Really like the blank. Great looking set.

No mate just used it as it is designed to be used it cuts acrylic a treat :thumbs:

flexi

Executive Member
First Name
mark
Saw these on FB and they are great....lovely match of acrylic and plating great choice.:drool::drool:
I have used a spindlemaster on acrylic and find it really good:thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Like the Corian pens the finished articles are down to you Vic did you change tools at all or like all of us use the one main tool. Conspiracy theories abound on the sharpening angle, presentation of the tool, speeds used. Whatever combination you put forward was a success, neat pair.

Peter.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Like the Corian pens the finished articles are down to you Vic did you change tools at all or like all of us use the one main tool. Conspiracy theories abound on the sharpening angle, presentation of the tool, speeds used. Whatever combination you put forward was a success, neat pair.

Peter.

It's not Corian Peter it's Acrylic. The tool I used from start to finish is a Sorby Spindlemaster.
Sharpening could not be any simpler all you do is rub the flat side of the tool across a plate or stone.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 17

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Sorry after the talk of other tools I had the wrong name for your Spindlemaster Vic, I have two different sizes of them. Found them over the years handy but much slower than a gouge to use. I sharpen mine around the radius with a diamond file. Your acrylic units are delightful. They look great in the black presentation box.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).