• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Didnt want to go to bed so made a flower pot :)

MarkNotts

First Name
Mark
After a 13h night shift to Croydon and back to Notts there was something stopping me going straight to bed ;)

Cheap paper potted fake flowers from tescos bought about a month back, £3 for a set of 3 and a scrap piece of African Padauk wood.

The finish is my own cook up of abrasive paste to also sand to 20,000 grit, pumice powder, beeswax and what americans call Denatured Alcohol ( baby oil lol )l

Then 2 coats of rust-o-leum finishing wax and the polystyrene base to the flowers forced in.

Its for my Neice but she might be a bit too young yet.. 9 month old

Now i can go to bed....

27484.jpg

MarkNotts

First Name
Mark
Hold up i got that wrong im tired.. very tired... denatured alcohol is methylated spirits i think, the oil i first used months back was ikea chopping board oil and i didnt fancy a trip to ikea and all around ikea just for the oil again to make another batch so bought some baby oil from tescos to make a 2nd batch about 3 weeks ago.

The denatured alcohol bit was for a batch of friction polish i might be making soon when i also get shellac flakes, both the friction polish and abrasive paste mixes were found on Daniel Vilerino's channel on youtube.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).