• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Digital Pen Watch and Date

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi Kardav and welcome did you try Turners Retreat Digital Watch & Date Pen they are the only place I know of that still sells them if it is the same kit which I think they are then they will email you the instructions

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Looks to me that Silvers diagram is the one you need to work from .It also looks fairly straight forward to assmble. Welcome by the way.:thumbs:

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Hi Kardav and welcome did you try Turners Retreat Digital Watch & Date Pen they are the only place I know of that still sells them if it is the same kit which I think they are then they will email you the instructions

Hi Woody,
Yes I did try Turners retreat. They're only selling off what they acquired from Craft Supplies. They have no further information or diagrams etc.

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Thanks Silver, keep digging. I'd be most grateful.

Not had time to look for anything more.. Looking again at the drawing I posted it is one for an led light pen. Checked my pen kits and they are the same. I know I have seen the digital pens that my dad made so I know we should have a copy of the drawings.

Should being the word., but looking at your kit and the drawing I posted it should give you a good idea of how they go together as I'm sure they were made the same way but the only thing I remember is having to cut out a small window on the top end of the pen so the clock could be seen..

Kardav

the PENsioner
Fellow
First Name
Dave
Thanks Silver, I think I've cracked the assembly but need to get hold of a LR41 battery, which don't appear to be on the shelves. Can get some from Amazon but that'll take a bit of time. Think I've worked out where the hole goes and have just cut a slot out in the brass tube which should act as a guide once the tube is encased in wood (fingers crossed!). Next problem I'm working on is the bushings. Just working out the sizes then need to sweet-talk my brother in to turning me some off, again fingers crossed!
Not had time to look for anything more.. Looking again at the drawinTg I posted it is one for an led light pen. Checked my pen kits and they are the same. I know I have seen the digital pens that my dad made so I know we should have a copy of the drawings.

Should being the word., but looking at your kit and the drawing I posted it should give you a good idea of how they go together as I'm sure they were made the same way but the only thing I remember is having to cut out a small window on the top end of the pen so the clock could be seen..

Gilliandrea

First Name
Gill
Sorry for bringing an old thread back to life :whistling:

No problems..

They LR41 should be the same size as AG3, which is a standard battery.

I ordered 2 of these from Turners Retreat, the digital segment was not working so I changed the batteries and only one is working - emailed TR and waiting to hear back.

Would you be so kind as to share the instruction/pictures of the setup?
As, after reading this thread, they don't have the instructions:sob:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Hi Gill.
It turned out as my instructions were different than what kardave had.

Minebwas a 3 tube design as his was a 2 tube design.

Im sure that he may be able to help with some guidance.

Gilliandrea

First Name
Gill
Hi Gill.
It turned out as my instructions were different than what kardave had.

Minebwas a 3 tube design as his was a 2 tube design.

Im sure that he may be able to help with some guidance.

I have 3 tubes, 2 blanks and one with the digital display in it, that apparently must connect with the top for the buttons....
I have worked out how the bottom nib area connects but the 2nd tube and the digital part have got me scratching my head :thinks:

EDIT: Thank you for the quick answer, much appreciated :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Ok. Wheb I get back this eve I will dig them out and send them through via pm..

Eamonn, could you put them up in the downloads section for any future users?

Peter

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Tried to up-load the drawing to downloads but it wouldn't let me do it

I have sent a PM Gill, with drawing attached, not sure if it will help but anything is better than nothing.:rolling:

Gilliandrea

First Name
Gill

I have sent a PM Gill, with drawing attached, not sure if it will help but anything is better than nothing.:rolling:

Got your PM, thank you.:thumbs:

Now to decide where everything goes!!! :thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter

Maybe Jim needs to do it.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).