• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Dipping my toe in the pond

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Just had a thought that you might mean the Supernova is discontinued. It is no longer distributed by Record badged as a Record power product, but it never was a Record item really, like the Nova lathes it is manufactured in China/Taiwan for Teknatool in new Zealand. It has always been marketed as such in the USA and the antipodes, and now Brimarc, the wholesale arm of Axminster are the UK distributors.

Sorry if that was a bit protracted, but the bottom line is the Supenova, and its cousin the G3, are still available from Brimarc distributors:

Woodturning Chucks - NOVA - BriMarc Tools & Machinery

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Right or left you soon get used to it, a lot of my purchases have been oportunistic over a long period of time. The result is all tools have their quirks, like people, for example many of us are left handed. Wood working taught me to use chisels etc left and right hand no worries.

I do find using fountain pens is painful with just routine cleaning and filling etc, I value the convenience that followed the invention of Biros.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).