• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

DIY Pen Press

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
If anyone wants the aluminium press plugs..I have a couple spare. You put in your location holes. Willing to send uk only. FOC. Sorry to our overseas members. Wouldn't mind a blank in return, but not necessary.

Phil.

Disqimination :sob::sob::sob::face::face:

and used a couple of aluminium pieces with small drill hole bottom. and a larger one for the top, finished off with a couple of rubber inertube patches.

Any chance of a close up of these area of them?
What glue did you use?

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Okay here is a photo of mine, with a hardwood insert, it's a beefy machine just look at the teeth on the column. I also use this to press metal to wrap onto tubes.

Peter

DSC_0228.jpg

Bayleaf

Apprentice Member
First Name
Phil
Hi WM.
sorry I cannot deliver...but then Aus has a shed load of ally lol. My darling daughter had some ally legs left over from a project. Bottom one just set on the bottom of a vice with a 3ml drill hole for location and the top one on the bracket was just roughed up cleaned and super glued. Set with a shallow 5ml counter hole . I used a rubber patch on both surfaces so when the first pen went in, the rest will follow with no slippage .Since there is no lateral stress it should hold .If not I will set with metal glue or uk product Sticks Like Sh@t. Or drill a small hole and glue in a self tapping screw since its soft.
The reason I use the rubber patches is only to protect the pen kit. It wont effect any shift since the rig and vice is solid fixed.

phil

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Nice one Phil. Love stuff like this. Does the job at a fraction of the price and you get to have a bit of a tinker. :thumbs:

Bayleaf

Apprentice Member
First Name
Phil
Thanks everyone,
I have pressed 4 pens this last few days. With it being a small press you need to bolt it down really. I found for firmer leverage sitting down on a stool at eye level gives best results.

Phil

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).