• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Do Axminster

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
I think they're probably just going to offload the slow moving stuff they have left then increase the prices in January.

The cynic in me says "Isn't that what sales are for?". At least they don't buy in crap to sell off like the high street stores do though.

Oops!! thinking like an accountant again.

You just have to hope you strike lucky with these things and they want to get rid of something you need.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Just what Walter says and also I think they have lost leaders. Unfortunately, or fortunately which ever way you look at it, I always NEED the item the have on sale when the emails come most weeks :thinks:

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Out of stock :sob::sob::sob:

Yep, surprise surprise and how many lathes take T23, 1 1/4 x 8 tpi? (genuine questions as I don't know). I think the other threads are normal price.

I've trawled through the whole clearance lot this morning and not felt a desperate urge to spend anything - of the in stock items that is!

Bob

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Someone on a previous post pointed out the price of collets from rdgtool. I bought a set and they seem to be very good. all you would need then is a bar, maybe from planet. ER20 Collet Sets

Jim

Grand Master
Someone on a previous post pointed out the price of collets from rdgtool. I bought a set and they seem to be very good. all you would need then is a bar, maybe from planet. ER20 Collet Sets

Aye it was Walter who posted it up Paul .. I got a set also to use with the Axminster mandrel .. :wink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).