• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Drill Chart

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Is there any kind of chart out there that give you the various drill sizes for types of pen kits.

Regards Peter.

The only reliable way of determining drill sizes for a particular kit is to measure the tubes each and every time you are making one up.

Peter

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
The only reliable way of determining drill sizes for a particular kit is to measure the tubes each and every time you are making one up.

Peter

I agree with Peter. The stated size is not always the same as the size of the tube in the kit and sizes for what is nominally the same kit from different suppliers can also differ. You could use a digital vernier gauge but my preferred solution is to check the tubes against a drill gauge.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Actual is factual. Like the drill guage just keep a good value conversion chart on the wall. As the O/D is important so is the I/D.

Peter.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Similar to a few others I use a drill gauge if I am not sure of the tube size and go for the best fit either Imperial or Metric.

:thumbs:

hawkeyefxr

First Name
ken
I looked for an emulator (it allows ipad apps to run on a Mac), I found one but there were warnings of iffy software also being loaded so i gave it a miss. Just rebuilt the macbook and didnt want to go through it all again.
Have seen shots of it and it is quite an app, shame would have been nice to have.
I did try and ask the wife for an iphone for Christmas but it fell on deaf ears, oh well.

wm460

Grand Master
Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia.
First Name
Mark
Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).