• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ear ring stand

apw43

First Name
Andy
Hi guys, not posted anything for a while thought I would share this ear ring stand with you, its made of yew and is 195mm tall x 125mm at its widest, its turned in 4 different pieces, if you'd like to see how its made, check out woodturner21 on youtube, he is an awesome turner especially with the skew chisel. c&c welcome.
cheers
Andy
View attachment 30439
View attachment 30440
View attachment 30441

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
I have to say that that is a lovely piece of artwork, but I do have one question, have you actually hung any earrings from it? because from your dimensions the distance from the holes to the outer rim looks a bit thick, having made quite a few for the markets; I steal my wife's earrings just to make sure that they hang loosely.

I do like the fact that you have added a baize bottom, dressing tables are so unforgiving of hard impacts be they old or modern.

PG

apw43

First Name
Andy
I have to say that that is a lovely piece of artwork, but I do have one question, have you actually hung any earrings from it? because from your dimensions the distance from the holes to the outer rim looks a bit thick, having made quite a few for the markets; I steal my wife's earrings just to make sure that they hang loosely.

I do like the fact that you have added a baize bottom, dressing tables are so unforgiving of hard impacts be they old or modern.

PG
Hi Pierre
I did try some earrings before gluing it together and they fit fine (must be how the picture is taken,) the baize serves 2 purposes, 1 is to protect the surface as you said and the other is to cover up the hole from the screw chuck which was plugged before sticking the baize on
cheers
Andy

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Thanks Derek, hope your entering this time :thumbs:

All ready to be photographed. Started mine 4 pm yesterday and completed 6pm today 26 hours from start to finish and that includes cutting 16 holes and hand sanding them all.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
A thing of beauty and a wonderfull present for your wife , life is good when you can lay claim to such a beautiful turning, congratulations mate.

Peter.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).