• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Engineering Lathe Recommendations?

fingwe

Registered
First Name
Melanie
Thanks everyone. I think a 500mm is probably bigger than I can fit in my current workroom, unless I absolutely have to - it would mean removing other equipment and that would make other tasks I do harder, so I'd rather not do it unless there is no other option. As I said, there may be a house move coming up in the next 12 months, so I don't want to make that task harder than it needs to be either. However, if we do move, it would be to somewhere with a larger workspace, so I may well upgrade at that point.

YorkieT

Apprentice Member
First Name
Alan
Hi Melanie,

I have a Cowells 90me ( Google it ) sat in the shed, it's almost as new and has lots and lots of extras and is the Rolls Royce of small lathes, if your interested drop me a msg and I will get you some pics, I am in South Ayrshire and would not fancy posting it but would meet you halfway if that suits you.

Alan.

fingwe

Registered
First Name
Melanie
[MENTION=997]YorkieT[/MENTION] Thanks, I've had a look and it looks a lovely little lathe, and ideal if I was just doing kitless pens, but ideally I'd like to be able to turn dip pens as well, which I think it will be too small for :thinks:

Paul hd

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Hi Melanie,

I have a Cowells 90me ( Google it ) sat in the shed, it's almost as new and has lots and lots of extras and is the Rolls Royce of small lathes, if your interested drop me a msg and I will get you some pics, I am in South Ayrshire and would not fancy posting it but would meet you halfway if that suits you.

Alan.
Hi Alan,

I sent you a PM.

Regards
Paul

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
Hi Alan,

I sent you a PM.

Regards
Paul
Hope you can come to an arrangement Paul, as you know it's a tremendous little machine. :thumbs:

If you pass through Northumberland ( A1 ) side, give me a shout maybe as I'm just north of Morpeth. Away until July 24th though.

Bob

Edit, just realised where you live ?

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).