• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ever Had One Of Those Days?

iandel

First Name
Ian
It's not been a good few days. If it could go wrong it has - two blanks blown out on me and for some unfathomable reason I cut a beautiful spalted blank too short - I measured it once, cut it twice (that's right isn't it?) and it was still too short! I have stayed away from the lathe today in the hope that things will be better tomorrow. Unfortunately I suffer from MS and have had what my granddaughter calls a wibbly wobbly time. Luckily its not too bad and I am feeling a lot more stable. I should listen to my body more and not push myself but the lathe and turning is a therapy for me so I'll persevere. I'll have to use my short blank for a key ring or light pull.

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
I'm certain that everyone has had one of those days Ian, it's unfortunate but that's what makes us Human.
Just get right back in the saddle and turn, remember, if it's not fixed, break it. ( that's right isn't it?) :thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
For me, all too often recently.

But do as I do, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and prepare for another day just like it tomorrow..:funny:

But heck, when it gets right don't you just love it.. :thumbs:

Maybe there is a reason for blanks blowing as I must admit I don't get them very often now a days.

Talk us through what you do and how you do it, with pics if possible. Maybe we can help make the next attempt an easier one.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
I've had a badun as well. Had a Barium Meal for my breakfast at the County Hospital. I'm sure the stuff has set solid in me.

Despite spending most of the rest of the day sat on the toilet no sign of owt yet.

Have to see what tomorrow brings hopefully :fart:

iandel

First Name
Ian
The first blank blew because of a massive crack that CA didn't cure and the second because I was simply too aggressive/ impatient with the gouge because of the first blow out.:rolling: Mea culpa.

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Yep today has been one of them days used the wrong type of spray after the staining failed have now got the right spray stripped back to bare wood and resprayed not bad as it has to be ready for the Saturday club meeting the last one of the year in the competition calendar. So can sympathise with you.

Hope all passes soon for you Vic:funny::funny::funny:

bigbob

Graduate Member
First Name
Bob
We all get these days but I sympathies with the MS thing my wife has had a mild form of MS for years and she has times when her hands don't seem to belong to her and dishes and mugs go flying but we just laugh it off. Eamonn I can vouch for the morphine effect Vic I hope you soon get some relief.

Neil Lawton

Longlocks
Fellow
First Name
Neil
For Vic.
pass_640x377.jpg

For Ian.
Pm me your address and I'll send you some interesting wood blanks to have a play with.

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
Following my recent Barium Meal I am glad to report that despite some major pipe work issues my plumbing is now operating satisfactory :thumbs: Just waiting for the results of the exam now:pray:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).