• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Eye eye bowl

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
John Grant sent me a slice of monkey puzzle wood that had been cut along the grain and I must say I have had a glorious morning turning it thank you John it is 11" x 2 1/2" with a spray acrylic laquer finish it follows you around the room with those big eyes LOL it should raise a few quid for the veterans
DSCF3879.JPGDSCF3877.JPGDSCF3876.JPG

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
beautiful wood Woody and well turned, eye eye, aye, aye! Pal of mine turned a bowl from a Chillean pine log, monkey puzzle, very big, the knots all round made it a sight to behold, a keeper but he sold it in a gallery, got sixty quid.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
beautiful wood Woody and well turned, eye eye, aye, aye! Pal of mine turned a bowl from a Chillean pine log, monkey puzzle, very big, the knots all round made it a sight to behold, a keeper but he sold it in a gallery, got sixty quid.

Hi Bill I made one with the knots all round it and that sold last year also I do have a big log of it drying out that George ( Geordie) gave me
94.JPG

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).