• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Eye

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
:boxer:Guys thanks for the messages. Unfortunately I am having a hard time reading them with one eye Ƨovered. So I will respond when I get the patch off and can see a bit better...

Tom

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
Possibility that I will need my two doing later this year. Good luck on your second, you should be OK after.
Kelvin
I got told all the horror stories etc. Had to take my blood pressure 3 times because it was high.
Hardest part is waiting getting all the eyedrops in and then the freezing of the eye. As for the surgery was over in about 15mins and never felt a thing. Hardest part is getting used to the colours. My other problem is that I ha varifocal glasses. Of I look through my good eye can't make out letters. Was told to get clear glass in left eye of glasses so that I can see through my right eye with prescription lens. So I can see with both eyes.........

Curly

Graduate Member
First Name
Peter
Good luck with the recovery and re-recovery when you get the other eye done. A number of the guys in the turning club have been getting cataracts removed but several get both eyes done at the same time. Government medical might be working in that direction since it means a smaller bill with one visit.

Pete

howsitwork?

Graduate Member
First Name
Ian
Hope it continues well . Itā€™s the restoration of colour vision ( which you hadnā€™t noticed cos the loss was so gradual ) that surprises most people. Took me two years to persuade my uncle to get it done and after the first one he was MEGA keen to get the second sorted

Until then maybe an inflatable parrot to go with the patch ?šŸ˜‰

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
Hope it continues well . Itā€™s the restoration of colour vision ( which you hadnā€™t noticed cos the loss was so gradual ) that surprises most people. Took me two years to persuade my uncle to get it done and after the first one he was MEGA keen to get the second sorted

Until then maybe an inflatable parrot to go with the patch ?šŸ˜‰
The Pirate is gone, but have to wear sunglasses and only wear patch in bed for a week.......