• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Gregory Hardy

Graduate Member
First Name
Greg
Imitation tortoise. Imitation ivory. Ebonite section (fake ebony). At least the bronze and Bock nib are authentic! I made the section four times before I got one that didn't break at the very same spot. (FYI - Definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.")
:vangry:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 75

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Most pens other than timber are "Fake" none the less exciting mate.This pen has impact and overwhelming interest. novelty and features to really like. Congratulations using clear pics as well.All the best Greg.

Peter.

Gregory Hardy

Graduate Member
First Name
Greg
Nicely :thumbs::thumbs: turned and finished.

To me the clip is too long and to the eye looks out of proportion.:thinks:

Les

To me also - that's the third clip, and I'm still not happy. I struggled finding a way to stop the frimping pattern (done with a series of files by hand) and terminate the two ends so that it fit the pen well. Tough experiment. Not my finest hour for sure. I decided December 1st that I was done making kit pens and that I was going to stand or fall on my own. The next one will be better, my friend! Stay tuned!

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
I think it is a beauty. I can see the point about the clip but that is a matter of taste and does nothing to distract from the skill shown in making it.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).