• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Feelings

dotslad

Graduate Member
Thank you all for your kindness and understanding. I really do appreciate and value all the replies I have had once again thankyou
I think what has been said about the whisky is absolutely right so today has been my first day without a drop.
At the moment I feel like crap but I am sure this will pass as the days go by

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Thank you all for your kindness and understanding. I really do appreciate and value all the replies I have had once again thankyou
I think what has been said about the whisky is absolutely right so today has been my first day without a drop.
At the moment I feel like crap but I am sure this will pass as the days go by

Good man Ian laying off the whisky !!!!

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Sorry Ian,

wasn't able to answer this this morning.
Although not terminal, Paula's health has slowly and dramatically got worse over the last couple of years & I know where you are coming from having nobody to talk to about the situation.
But, you know, you're not alone, there are plenty of people who will sit quietly & listen to you & let you rant & rave and cry or whatever.
Go visit Brian or some other loony southerner, pick up the phone and dial my number or Woodys or any of the other kind souls on here, we're here for you whenever you need us, just say.
I don't know what you believe in Ian faith wise but Him upstairs will always listen to your rants N raves and often answers, just ask Woody. Gives me comfort when things get really tough.
Glad to hear you're not hitting the bottle anymore, it aint the answer.
Our thoughts n prayers are with you & Dot Ian.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Fellow
I am sorry to hear this, its the first time I have read or heard of your situation Ian.
Please be strong for Paula my friend. But as a few have already said don't try to be a Superman, be her husband... you both need and deserve to share your feelings with each other.
If you need a chat just shout, we are all here for you both...

My thoughts are with you both

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).