• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

first cast attempt, gone wrong??

Jim

Grand Master
Usually the PR is tacky if you have done the mix when the temperature was very low, so not sure what has happened with this mix John .. :nooidea:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
I am holding on to the edge of my chair waiting to see this blank and how it turns out:whistling:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
OK John your worst nightmare has returned how has the blank turned out is it on a pen yet still waiting

ni9eofse7en

Registered
First Name
John
1. Cling film made no difference, still tacky
2. Its been cut into blanks, look ok
3. One has been drilled and a Zeta tube fitted
4. Waiting for the weekend.............

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
1. Cling film made no difference, still tacky
2. Its been cut into blanks, look ok
3. One has been drilled and a Zeta tube fitted
4. Waiting for the weekend.............

Mine felt tacky on the outside but where in fact fine to get rid of the tackyness a quick wash in soapy water with a scourer or rub it with some baby powder:mooney2:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Makes you gasp when guys talk about turning their casts shortly after taking them out of the molds within half a day total.

Peter.

Baldy

Fellow
First Name
Graeme
I would agree looks like taken to a good finish there..

Top job [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).