• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

first time on the square

woodhacker

Fellow
First Name
Peter also been called many others
Thought it was time to advance a little more and try something new.
So after making a little firewood (which is my normal thing) came up with these two.
As per norm the photos are crappy.

View attachment 31411 5"square by 1 3/4" deep Elm burr

View attachment 31412 4" square by 2" deep This could be another piece of Elm
View attachment 31413
View attachment 31414
Photos dont do them justice nor do they show the curves very well.

Bill Mooney

Blind old git
Grand Master
First Name
Bill
I'm pleased you've branched out a bit & tried something different. You've certainly made a good start with these two little bowls. Onwards & upwards Peter.:thumbs:

Dalboy

Executive Member
First Name
Derek
Ok Peter i am going to say a good first go at turning a bowl with corners. Having said that a little chunkie for my taste but getting them thin is something that will come with practice. Something else which is standing out for me is the one with the bowl that extends up through the square section try to make the bottom bowl and the top lip the same size as though it is a bowl that continues up and through. Hope that makes sense

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).