• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First Zephyr. Thanks to Gadget-UK

Steve68

First Name
Steven
Colin (Gadget-UK) was kind enough to send me one of his pine cone blanks and an Zephyr kit. Much appreciated Colin, very kind of you.

Here is my first attempt at a Zephyr and my first attempt at a pine cone blank.

The Zephyr is a very nice kit and I shall be purchasing some from Phil very soon.

Colin's blank was a pleasure to turn and I decided not to spray the tube as I thought the brass colour would be fine against the red, green and gold blank should it show through.

So here it is....I like chunky pens so I turned it with myself in mind as I'm selfish like that :banana: Picture taken outside to try and use the last of the sunshine.

Thanks again Colin. You're a gent!!!

IMG_1261.jpg

Morse

Graduate Member
First Name
Dave
Nicely done Steve.
Good looking blank to.
You’ve also got the light right too. (I wish)

Dave

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
Looks good, can't see too much of the cone but very christmas colours

ps ... don't paint the tube, paint the inside of the blank.

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
Looks good, can't see too much of the cone but very christmas colours

ps ... don't paint the tube, paint the inside of the blank.

Unfortunately I used some rather small Pine cones that were Open :thinks:
looked good in the block when I cast them but once cut into blanks I knew there would be very little of the Pine Cone left :rolling:

I offered one to Steve to have a play with and to be honest, he has done really well with it IMHO :thumbs::thumbs:

Bammer

Fellow
First Name
Brad
Unfortunately I used some rather small Pine cones that were Open :thinks:
looked good in the block when I cast them but once cut into blanks I knew there would be very little of the Pine Cone left :rolling:

I offered one to Steve to have a play with and to be honest, he has done really well with it IMHO :thumbs::thumbs:

Yep, sometimes you need some creative drilling to get the cone to really stand out. Or cast them in single blank moulds and drill down the centre.

These are from Mark at TQ Blanks, but I really did have to drill close to the corner to get the effect i wanted

mach 3 pine cone 1.jpg
Safety Pine Cone 1.jpg

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).