• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Forest pine cone

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Sorry to everyone who got the smaller cones from me, but that is all I had tried at the time:kiss:

Peter

If it wasn't for you Peter none of us would have done them what you did was great I for one am thankful mate

Goulss

Registered
First Name
Stewart
Peter, it is a great idea and I for one thank you for trying and sharing it.:thumbs:

When Autumn comes I will be looking for some fresh cones to try as the old ones I tried were not successful at all:sob:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Don't be daft what you did was great and very generous, They are a totally different structure and each has their own characteristics and natural beauty.
I wouldn't have bothered to turn one if weren't for you.
I had seen them before but they hadn't appealed to me until I got one or four in my hand init?

I appreciate that there are different species with greatly different structures and you are right they have there own natural beauty, maybe if I had turned the large type first I would be biased towards them.

If it wasn't for you Peter none of us would have done them what you did was great I for one am thankful mate

I know it sounds like I don't like the large cones and what you did with them, but I am thankful you did turn one and show it, maybe it will spur more people to have a go, they are fun to make and a little challenging. Brian's right they each have their own beauty, now when I look at your pen I see a great pattern on the lower barrel that the smaller ones didn't show.

Peter, it is a great idea and I for one thank you for trying and sharing it.:thumbs:

When Autumn comes I will be looking for some fresh cones to try as the old ones I tried were not successful at all:sob:

Don't wait for Autumn the cones fall all year long especially after a high wind. I have got some of the large cones and if I get time I will glue them up and offer them on a first come basis, but I don't have many.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).