• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Funeturnz vs TB Sedona

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I'm not against anybody who wants to make a living and does the right kits at the right price. I too like FB for their price and quality but should that change, I'll be wherever the best kit for the best price is.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I'm not against anybody who wants to make a living and does the right kits at the right price. I too like FB for their price and quality but should that change, I'll be wherever the best kit for the best price is.

Sometimes it's worth paying a little extra for exactly the same thing, I have had years trying to get suppliers (not pens) to work with me to build a mutual relationship, I have had all sorts of freebies to test and sometimes develop (no pun intended) something further. For me the price is important, but not the be all. Service and loyalty rank right up there with price.

Funeturnz might be fantastic, I have never used them because when I saw their ebay ads they say if you don't know how to turn this product (or words similar) then buy elsewhere, obviously I am paraphrasing, but I took their advice and won't give them my money. They are not particularly cheap, but they advertise that they can't be bothered with people who buy from them:funny::funny:

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Unless there was a significant quality difference, I would much rather pay my money to Timberbits. I do like the faceted nib section, just like the Baron 2.

Peter

Ilike the facets as well cant help but also being pleased with the pics and the thoughtful contribution. For many years I was a an Auditor of my Church and can assure you its very difficult to remain objective looking for errors, there is enough sensation on the negative in everyday press everybody loves a winner and grinner.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you for that very useful info Paul as I am considering buying some sodona kits

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Can I put a leveller in here?
You and I have all bought from the people mentioned (those who have not , will do at some time).

At no time have I ever been dissatisfied with their service nor their after-care.

You all know by now I speak as I find, and I can tell you hand on heart, we have bloody good suppliers.
We soon chase away the rogues and can see straight through them, lets be careful not to chase away any new suppliers. (Dan keep up your good work for our forums) (Mr threaded slimline's P_off init?).
We know what we are up against with the manufacturers not the suppliers.

Yes our only redress is against the supplier but they only meet our demand.

If you prefer another supplier then your prerogative is to go to them and by all means mention why you prefer to do so.
Please let's not lower ourselves to name them, who are supplying those who know not, and are happy with what they get.

For it is written in columns of stone "THOU SHALL GET YOUR JUST REWARDS" or did I just make that up?

I have seen some stuff shown as sold, that to me looks like a pile of puke in a pigs bladder, I wouldn't give tuppence for but good luck to the seller and his supplier.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
You could be my dad as Woody it to you Brian.... :funny:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
If you prefer another supplier then your prerogative is to go to them and by all means mention why you prefer to do so.
Please let's not lower ourselves to name them, who are supplying those who know not, and are happy with what they get.

I hope that if a supplier is poor they will get named, I would feel awful if I had been ripped off or treated badly by a supplier and let others be treated the same by not naming them.

Peter

Lons

Fellow
First Name
Bob
I hope that if a supplier is poor they will get named, I would feel awful if I had been ripped off or treated badly by a supplier and let others be treated the same by not naming them.

Peter

I see no problem with that either as long as it's a justifiable complaint. No different to us recommending good suppliers. The opinions can only ever come from our personal experience and should be taken at face value.

All companies have problems and make mistakes, it's how they deal with those and their attitude that sets them apart. Personally, other things being equal, a supplier who pulled out the stops to resolve a problem for me would get my future business every time.

Bob

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I see no problem with that either as long as it's a justifiable complaint. No different to us recommending good suppliers. The opinions can only ever come from our personal experience and should be taken at fac value.

All companies have problems and make mistakes, it's how they deal with those and their attitude that sets them apart. Personally, other things being equal, a supplier who pulled out the stops to resolve a problem for me would get my future business every time.

Bob

Spot on, it's how things are resolved that sorts out the chaff from the wheat.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Exactly Bob, I too think that poor service should be recognised but to dis a company because they've got the wording wrong when you haven't even dealt with them and to give someone all your business for life because they've sponsored this forum without ever buying anywhere else because they've built up a good relationship in my mind is ludicrous. I like too like to have good suppliers and also like to supply a good service myself and I'll use those people time and time again but they've got to keep up that service and now and again making me feel good with a something or other (which might just be a thank you) is also nice. The only unconditional love I've ever had is from my dog.

Throughout my woodturning life I've come across many supplier that have done me proud and supplied kits at the amount I've needed at that time including a single Sedona pen or 5 slimlines. As I've done more and more pens I've started bulk buying and those that I started with no longer get my business but not because they aren't any good, because its cheaper to get elsewhere. A single Sedona from TB will cost a lot more than a single Sedona from Fun e Turnz for example.

Geez.... Rant over.

Jim

Grand Master
Helen, at Fun e Turnz used to get all my business when i first started out, and without any issues .. My only reason of going elsewhere was because of the amount of kits i was buying which just about halved my costs ..

My very first experience with David Lim, was off ebay. I had bought five Sierras from him and didn't hear from him for a few days, no response from emails etc .. Now the emails i was sending were from the emails that i had received from ebay itself regarding the sale. After i had realised that i could contact him from the page of sale, i did. But i was asking for a refund due to no responses etc .. I then received a phone call from David himself, i can't recall how all the mix up occurred now it was so long ago, but the fact that David took the time to call me over a few pounds and to explain the issues showed me that he cared about his business, and most of all about his customers, no matter how much was spent ..

Hope this makes sense .. :ciggrin:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Why don't you lot read what you have already written, in this and other posts before you go gobbing off.
If any of these people had given a bad service then yes complain about them but you're not, because they haven't.
They have all given excellent service and value for money I have not heard one of you complain about their service only about the kits they sell.
Use which ever supplier you wish and when you have a problem tell them first and then us if it is not resolved.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
You are so right Brian. This thread started off trying to compare one manufacturers pen against another and I wasn't even trying to say one was better than another. It was pretty irrelevant to me where the kits came from and I'm not sure even where the first did and all hell has let loose about suppliers.

I apologise to anyone I've upset, that was never my intention. I'll wind my neck in.

Jim

Grand Master
No apologies really needed Paul, all constructive in my eyes .. :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Exactly Bob, I too think that poor service should be recognised but to dis a company because they've got the wording wrong when you haven't even dealt with them and to give someone all your business for life because they've sponsored this forum without ever buying anywhere else because they've built up a good relationship in my mind is ludicrous. I like too like to have good suppliers and also like to supply a good service myself and I'll use those people time and time again but they've got to keep up that service and now and again making me feel good with a something or other (which might just be a thank you) is also nice. The only unconditional love I've ever had is from my dog.

Throughout my woodturning life I've come across many supplier that have done me proud and supplied kits at the amount I've needed at that time including a single Sedona pen or 5 slimlines. As I've done more and more pens I've started bulk buying and those that I started with no longer get my business but not because they aren't any good, because its cheaper to get elsewhere. A single Sedona from TB will cost a lot more than a single Sedona from Fun e Turnz for example.

Geez.... Rant over.

You should get your facts right when you rant, I have dealt with funeturnz, I just haven't bought pens from them and never will while they actively advertise that you must know how to turn the penkits they sell instead of offering Instruction. Not only will I not buy from them but will actively discourage anyone from buying from them. If as you say they got their wording wrong, they obviously can't be bothered to revisit their ads. Why do you dream up words to fit your rant, oh, yes I see, you don't want the truth to get in the way of a good rant. Nowhere have I said I will give my business to Timberbits for life, it's just idiotic that you say that, but it suits your rant init.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Why don't you lot read what you have already written, in this and other posts before you go gobbing off.
If any of these people had given a bad service then yes complain about them but you're not, because they haven't.
They have all given excellent service and value for money I have not heard one of you complain about their service only about the kits they sell.
Use which ever supplier you wish and when you have a problem tell them first and then us if it is not resolved.

I'm not sure what you mean by gobbing off or who you are referring to. I have read what I have already written, buy I don't see your point.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
You should get your facts right when you rant, I have dealt with funeturnz, I just haven't bought pens from them and never will while they actively advertise that you must know how to turn the penkits they sell instead of offering Instruction. Not only will I not buy from them but will actively discourage anyone from buying from them. If as you say they got their wording wrong, they obviously can't be bothered to revisit their ads. Why do you dream up words to fit your rant, oh, yes I see, you don't want the truth to get in the way of a good rant. Nowhere have I said I will give my business to Timberbits for life, it's just idiotic that you say that, but it suits your rant init.

Peter

Dear oh dear, hit a nerve have I?

Status
Not open for further replies.