• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

General query looking information

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
I have a friend who has suffered from Breast Cancer. Have seen a pen kit and was thinking of using Purple Heart. I have been told leave it in the sun, heat in oven or microwave to bring out the colour. I am assuming before pen is turned without any finish on it. My question is if you turn the blank to the desired finish, could you use a hairdryer to bring out the colour before applying sand and sealer etc.

Tom

Morse

Graduate Member
First Name
Dave
I donated 10 of these for auction a few years ago for breast cancer charity. Beaufort Inks "pink sapphire radiance series blanks".

Attachments

• AF9F1FDC-11DF-4553-AAF2-16726577035F.jpeg
    AF9F1FDC-11DF-4553-AAF2-16726577035F.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 4

Hallelujahal

Graduate Member
First Name
Alex
I have a friend who has suffered from Breast Cancer. Have seen a pen kit and was thinking of using Purple Heart. I have been told leave it in the sun, heat in oven or microwave to bring out the colour. I am assuming before pen is turned without any finish on it. My question is if you turn the blank to the desired finish, could you use a hairdryer to bring out the colour before applying sand and sealer etc.

Tom
Yes, I personally use a heat gun on the blank before applying required finish! đź‘Ť pens 2 & 5 are examples IMG_6261.jpeg

Morse

Graduate Member
First Name
Dave
Hi Tom.
I was dreading you asking me that, from memory it fitted a slimline kit from “penkitzandbits”

7mm Pen Clips - Breast Cancer - Pink​