• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

General question

Tom.1946

First Name
Tom
Maybe a stupid question!

I have never done segmenting and wouldn't know where to start as I don't have a bandsaw or any other type of saw apart from a handsaw.

However I do have a lot of cutoffs, both wood and acrylic, if I decided to make either a Slimline or something like say a Sirocco etc plus maybe an old licence or bank card. What glue would you use to stick all together???

TVS

Fellow
First Name
Woody
Yes im in agreement med ca you only need a B&Q MITRE saw to do your angles good luck and have fun and let your imagination run wild lol

Attachments

• IMG_7797.jpeg
    IMG_7797.jpeg
    368.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7800.jpeg
    IMG_7800.jpeg
    526.5 KB · Views: 2

alan morrison

Fellow
First Name
Alan
I do have a lot of cutoffs, both wood and acrylic, if I decided to make either a Slimline or something like say a Sirocco etc plus maybe an old licence or bank card. What glue would you use to stick all together???
Tom, Both Slimlines and Siroccos leave very little timber on the tube and are not the easiest to segment. For a double barrel go for a Streamline or a Cigar, for a single barrel try an Etesia, Headwind or Aquilo which give you more timber to play with.
The easiest (and very satisfactory) segmenting and useful for using up your offcuts is to do straight cuts. Make sure that your cuts are all square, and just use timber first before trying to mix Acrylic in.IMG_1943.jpgAs the others have said CA is fine.