• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Good day from the beautiful “left” coast of Canada

Heykid41

First Name
Scott
New, new, new… I’ve got my stuff ready to go, but a renovation kicked my shop time to the curb and… with that work done, I’m dealing with a hip that needs after market parts. Sigh…
My interest in this pursuit is, like all others, requiring me to research and stay awake at night thinking how I will ‘do’ a certain thing. I’m in that phase again… cause this hip makes sitting a problem, and standing ain’t great either. I figure, studying is seldom wasted time.

Cheers,
Scott
Heykid41

Morse

Graduate Member
First Name
Dave
Hi Scott.
Welcome.
My son lived in BC. Hence the dig picture. Huskies.
Try a bar stool to take the weight off the hip, especially when sanding and finishing. I had a hip replacement and found it more comfortable.

Attachments

• E37E893B-6D68-4BBB-B811-47638A8F31A6.jpeg
    E37E893B-6D68-4BBB-B811-47638A8F31A6.jpeg
    590.5 KB · Views: 0

Curly

Graduate Member
First Name
Peter
Another welcome from one of the no coast provinces. Until 8 years ago I lived in the Fraser Valley and have been to Victoria a few times. The only thing wrong with the place is they put that water between it and the real world. :winking:

Pete

Heykid41

First Name
Scott
Another welcome from one of the no coast provinces. Until 8 years ago I lived in the Fraser Valley and have been to Victoria a few times. The only thing wrong with the place is they put that water between it and the real world. :winking:

Pete
I used to think the water kept the riff-raff out. Turns out, it’s keeping the bastards IN!