• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Good evening all!

AndyC65

First Name
Andy
Welcome aboard Jimi - from another newbie.

Good to see another Yorkshireman join - we'll soon have this place fettled!

cheers,

Andy C

PS - I was at Turners Retreat on Sunday just to add to the list of visitors there. I can give you some very important advice about going on a Sunday!

brody2123

Fellow
First Name
Brody
Welcome aboard Jimi. Tisbury a good place to be. You will enjoy the Omega, it's a beautifully made kit. Looking forward to seeing the finished product :thumbs:

Indie Shed

Registered
First Name
Jimi
Thanks very mich, Twister, the thread has been moved now but I will repost the pic. I made the first one a few weeks before that which I was much happier with, I've posted that one too. The Mallet is for light work only but you're right the Oak is not wearing well, dents easily with only moderate swings. Feels nice though.

Attachments

• Timekeepers Gavel.jpg
    Timekeepers Gavel.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 8
  • WP_20150212_001.jpg
    WP_20150212_001.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 8
  • WP_20150214_004.jpg
    WP_20150214_004.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Indie Shed

Registered
First Name
Jimi
Thanks Peter, the main consideration that they would be usable, the timekeepers gavel will get used by an old boy on the amateur British Boxing circuit put the other is just ornamental. Thank you for your comments.

Jimi :up:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).