• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Got me thinking

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
I had a short email conversation with our benevolent benefactor (try saying that drunk :funny:) Mr Phil today about an order for some kits.

I have a customer that has asked for a price on x70 pens to be handed out to customers of there rather exclusive products, these will be picture pens with an Authorised & Supplied image of said product (they start at 2.5 Million £s by the way :noway1:)
I have known this company for many years and have worked with them (day job) on many occasions, keeping them the right side of the legal minefield that is Health & Safety.
They have had a few pens from me over the years, bespoke one off and a few display pens and they have always gone down really well (and they pay up front).
They have asked me to make x70 pens and when I spoke to Phil he just said - "You manage to get these big orders" and that got me thinking....

Am I the only one that gets orders like this... Surely I can't be :scratch_head:
Anyone else had some BIG orders.... anything really but more than the one pen?
Over the years I have had a fair few (got to keep Phil's Profits up :bwink:)
NOT asking for price or profit or anything like that, just thought I can't be the only one that gets orders like this.........

Look forward to hearing your thoughts... Past Experiences....... :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
On our 50th wedding anniversary self inflicted and full of family fun I made in excess of fifty Tasmanian Huon Pine burl pens for the blokes ,Wilma made hand sewn boxes for the woman,twas quite a chore.

Gadget-UK

Graduate Member
First Name
Colin
On our 50th wedding anniversary self inflicted and full of family fun I made in excess of fifty Tasmanian Huon Pine burl pens for the blokes ,Wilma made hand sewn boxes for the woman,twas quite a chore.
What a lovely thing to do Peter.
I have until August to make these so not to much of a rush :thumbs: