• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Greetings from Spain

Carretero

Apprentice Member
First Name
Gonzalo
Hello everybody, my name is Gonzalo Carretero and I've been turning wood for two years. Recently I watched some penturning videos and it calls my atention.

As I dont know the technique, I'm going to search and read some books about it. Also some videos.

Starting from scratch is very difficult but if somebody knows a book or video which shows the full procces will be helpfull.

Im gonna read the forum and see how can I start.

Best regards to all and have a nice day.

Pierre

Graduate Member
First Name
Pierre
Hello everybody, my name is Gonzalo Carretero and I've been turning wood for two years. Recently I watched some penturning videos and it calls my atention.

As I dont know the technique, I'm going to search and read some books about it. Also some videos.

Starting from scratch is very difficult but if somebody knows a book or video which shows the full procces will be helpfull.

Im gonna read the forum and see how can I start.

Best regards to all and have a nice day.

Hola Gonzalo,

Welcome to the forum from S of France. If you want a book on pen making try Walter Hall's book Pen and Pencil projects isbn 978-1-86108-836-9 he is also a member of this forum so if he reads this he may tell you where you can buy a copy. Enjoy the pen making and if you need any more information you can PM me, I am only 3 hours from the Spanish border!!

PG

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Hello Gonzalo - Welcome to the fold. As Pierre has said, you can do no better than Walter Hall's excellent book.

Carretero

Apprentice Member
First Name
Gonzalo
Hola Gonzalo,

Welcome to the forum from S of France. If you want a book on pen making try Walter Hall's book Pen and Pencil projects isbn 978-1-86108-836-9 he is also a member of this forum so if he reads this he may tell you where you can buy a copy. Enjoy the pen making and if you need any more information you can PM me, I am only 3 hours from the Spanish border!!

PG

Thanks for the wellcome to everybody, Im going to pick Walter's book on Amazon (his online shop is under construction) and if I have some problem there's no doubt im going to write you, Pierre, thanks for the offer.

bassethound

Executive Member
First Name
Ted
Hello Gonzalo, welcome to the Asylum for the retarded, we must all be retarded the amount of money we spend on playing with lumps of timber, hope you enjoy it here mate! ..:thumbs:

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
Hello Gonzalo,

I hope that you find my book helpful and that you enjoy your new venture into the fascinating world of pen making.

Thank you to Pierre for recommending my book and to Phil and Chas for their support.

Pierre is correct I am a member here but I do not visit often so if you have any questions about my book, or any other matters related to pen making it is best to contact me through my website.

Best wishes

Walter

AllenN

Fellow
First Name
Allen
Welcome Gonzalo. I am sure you will find the answers you are seeking here or in Walter's book and if you don't then just ask. It is amazing the things people on here can advise on.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).