• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello everybody

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Where I worked as a photographer I brought heaps of my gear in and used it for me and work the stocktakes were done randomly and usually on a weekend by auditors because some of my gear was in the same family they included it on the sheets had a battle separating my stuff had to have it specially marked by them. Just saying be aware mate. I was the only operator in this unit.

Peter.

fortress

Registered
First Name
John
Looking at everybody's work I think to myself I will have to get better, I would just love to be that good.
Having said that, I am kind of pleased at my efforts.
I do have a small irritating problem when I use a super glue finish, I always end up with small blobs of the stuff at the ends.
Need more practise.
Thanks to everybody for your comments.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Looking at everybody's work I think to myself I will have to get better, I would just love to be that good.
Having said that, I am kind of pleased at my efforts.
I do have a small irritating problem when I use a super glue finish, I always end up with small blobs of the stuff at the ends.
Need more practise.
Thanks to everybody for your comments.

It sounds like you are putting too much CA glue on at one time and it is being thrown by centrifugal force into little blobs that you are finding, you will probably also see the CA flying off the blank as well, put less CA on and make sure you spread it well and quickly.

Peter

chas_41_uk

Registered
First Name
Chas
CA finishes can be a nightmare until you get used to it :sob:
I could never get it right, then one day it just clicked :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).